Sunday, October 6, 2013

Bathtime!

 I was going to just wipe him off with a wet towel, but it quickly became clear that wasn't going to cut it. So in the sink he went. He was a trooper, though, and didn't resist too much. I think he was just too worn out.

Once he was wet, you could see the fleas on him. There were even some little spots of blood on him, I think from the flea feeding frenzy. I ended up giving him a couple flea baths and eventually picking the remaining fleas off of him. He has since been treated with Frontline and I haven't seen any more fleas. (I keep a close eye on this, too. No fleas in my house!)

After his first bath I bundled him up and dried him off. He was super calm throughout this whole ordeal.
I was amazed to see him curl up on my lap and fall asleep immediately post bath. I thought he would be more scared, or at least resent me for the bath, but no. He just wanted to snuggle up and take a nap.